Lithium CR2032 3V Battery for Glucometer - Pack of 5
The battery is a lithium coin cell type, with a size of 20mm in diameter and 3.2mm in thickness. It has a nominal voltage of 3 volts and a capacity of approximately 220mAh. The battery is commonly used in glucometers to power the electronic components of the device, including the display, glucose testing strip reader, and memory to store previous test results. When the battery begins to run low, it's essential to replace it promptly to ensure accurate readings.
- Security policy
- Delivery policy
- Return policy
- Original Micro Lithium Battery CR2032 Coin Type 3V Micro Lithium Cell.
- The CR-2032 is a large coin shaped cell, commonly found in small electronic devices and watches.
- Use for Motherboards, calculators, keyless entry, games, cameras and personal organizers.
- Output 3V, DC glucometer Battery
Batteries have become an essential component of our daily lives, powering everything from portable electronic devices to electric cars. Among the many types of batteries available on the market today, the 2032 battery is one of the most commonly used. This small, button-shaped battery is a reliable source of power that can be found in many devices, such as calculators, watches, and remote controls. In this article, we will explore the features and benefits of the 2032 battery, as well as its advantages and disadvantages, common uses, and how to properly care for it to ensure optimal performance. Whether you are a consumer or a manufacturer of electronic devices, this article will provide valuable information about the 2032 battery that you can use to make informed decisions about your power needs.
What is a 2032 battery?
A 2032 battery is a small, button-shaped battery that belongs to the lithium coin cell family. It measures approximately 20mm in diameter and 3.2mm in thickness, hence the name "2032". The battery has a nominal voltage of 3 volts and a capacity of approximately 220mAh.
The 2032 battery is composed of a lithium metal anode, a manganese dioxide cathode, and an organic electrolyte. When the battery is connected to a circuit, a chemical reaction occurs between the anode and cathode, producing an electric current that powers the device.
Compared to other types of batteries, the 2032 battery has a relatively long shelf life and is capable of delivering high amounts of power in short bursts. It is also resistant to extreme temperatures and has a low self-discharge rate, which means it can be stored for long periods without losing its charge. These features make it a popular choice for use in small, portable electronic devices that require a reliable and long-lasting power source.
Common uses for 2032 batteries
2032 batteries are commonly used in a wide range of electronic devices that require a reliable, long-lasting power source. Some of the most common uses for 2032 batteries include:
- Watches: Many watches, particularly those that feature digital displays, use 2032 batteries to power their timekeeping functions.
- Calculators: The compact size and high energy density of 2032 batteries make them an ideal power source for small electronic devices such as calculators.
- Remote controls: The 2032 battery's ability to deliver high amounts of power in short bursts makes it a popular choice for use in remote controls for TVs, DVD players, and other devices.
- Fitness trackers: The long battery life and low self-discharge rate of 2032 batteries make them an ideal power source for fitness trackers and other wearable devices.
- Medical devices: Many medical devices, such as glucose meters, blood pressure monitors, and digital thermometers, use 2032 batteries to power their electronic components.
- Toys: Many electronic toys, particularly those that feature LED lights or sound effects, use 2032 batteries to power their functions.
Overall, the compact size, high energy density, and long-lasting power of 2032 batteries make them an ideal power source for a wide range of electronic devices.
Advantages and disadvantages of 2032 batteries
2032 batteries offer several advantages and disadvantages that are important to consider before using them in your electronic devices. Here are some of the key advantages and disadvantages of 2032 batteries:
- High energy density: 2032 batteries offer a high energy density, which means they can store a lot of energy in a small amount of space.
- Long shelf life: These batteries have a long shelf life, and they can be stored for years without losing their charge.
- Low self-discharge rate: 2032 batteries have a low self-discharge rate, which means they can maintain their charge even when not in use for an extended period of time.
- Wide range of operating temperatures: These batteries can operate in a wide range of temperatures, making them suitable for use in both hot and cold environments.
- Compact size: The small size of 2032 batteries makes them easy to use in a variety of electronic devices, particularly those with limited space.
- Limited capacity: 2032 batteries have a limited capacity compared to other types of batteries, which means they may not be suitable for high-power devices.
- Risk of leakage: These batteries can leak if they are not stored or used properly, which can damage the device they are powering.
- Expensive: 2032 batteries can be more expensive than other types of batteries, particularly if they are being purchased in small quantities.
- Not rechargeable: Unlike some other types of batteries, 2032 batteries cannot be recharged, which means they will need to be replaced once they have reached the end of their lifespan.
Overall, the advantages of 2032 batteries make them a popular choice for use in a wide range of electronic devices, particularly those that require a reliable and long-lasting power source. However, their limitations should also be considered when choosing a battery for a specific application.
How to prolong the life of 2032 batteries
To prolong the life of 2032 batteries, there are several things you can do:
- Store them properly: Store your 2032 batteries in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Avoid storing them in a humid environment or near chemicals that could damage the battery.
- Use the right device: Choose electronic devices that are compatible with 2032 batteries and do not exceed their recommended voltage or current ratings. This can prevent excessive battery drain and help extend their life.
- Remove batteries when not in use: If you are not going to use the device for an extended period of time, remove the batteries to prevent them from draining.
- Use high-quality batteries: Choose high-quality 2032 batteries from reputable manufacturers to ensure they are reliable and long-lasting.
- Avoid mixing old and new batteries: Mixing old and new batteries can cause the old batteries to drain faster, which can lead to leakage and damage to the device.
- Do not attempt to recharge: 2032 batteries are not rechargeable and attempting to recharge them can cause leakage and damage to the battery.
No customer reviews for the moment.